Nines Services LLC
Effective Date: December 1, 2021
This Privacy Notice describes how Nines Services LLC (“Nines,” “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) collects, uses, and shares information from and about you when you visit our website at www.ninesliving.com (the “Site”), use our mobile application (the “App”), or visit our online communities where you can interact with other Nines users (“Communities”) (all of the foregoing, collectively, the “Services”). Through the Services, we provide software and support for household management and related offerings.
Capitalized terms not defined in this Privacy Notice have the meaning set forth in the Terms of Service.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we handle information about you.By using our Services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Notice and that we collect, use, and share information as set forth below.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we collect depend on how you interact with our Services.
Information You Provide to Us Directly. We collect information you provide to us directly when you:
- Create an account. If you create an account with us, you may provide us with information such as your name, email address, phone number, home address, your Employer Identification Number (if applicable), and information about your residence, employment, salary, and other compensation.
- Interact with the Services. When you interact with the Services, we may collect information you enter through the Services, such as information you post in the Communities or enter into a chat feature or scheduling feature.
- Make a payment. When you make a payment through the Services, you provide your payment card information to a third-party payment processor. Nines does not receive or process your payment card information, but we may collect other information associated with your payment method, such as billing address.
- Communicate with us. When you contact us for customer support or other purposes, we may collect information such as your name, email address, and phone number, and any other information you provide in your communications with us.
- Otherwise provide information to us. If you complete a survey, submit an online form, or interact with us on social media or at an event, we may collect information you provide through that interaction.
Information Collected Automatically. We may collect some information automatically when you use the Services, such as information about your browser or device, how you use our Services, your Internet connection, and your location.
We, as well as third parties, may automatically collect some of this information through cookies, pixel tags, local storage, and similar technologies when you interact with the Services and email messages or other communications we send you. Some of these technologies (such as cookies) involve storing unique identifiers or other information on your browser or device for later use. As we and our Service Providers (defined below) adopt other technologies, we may also gather information using other methods.
- Information about your browser or device. We may automatically collect certain information about your browser or device when you use the Services, such as your system, user, or device settings (for example, time zone, language, and permission status); cookie identifiers, mobile advertising identifier (MAID), and other device or online identifiers (such as hashed or pseudonymous IDs used by us or our partners); details about your browser, operating system or device; and information stored on your device or made available through your device’s services (for example, we may access your photos folder or other apps when you give us permission through your device settings).
- Information about how you use the Services. We collect information regarding your use of the Services, such as your activities and transactions in using the Services; information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, and the frequency and duration of your activities; information about your online activity directly preceding or following your use of the Services, such as whether you were “referred” to the Site through another website or shared link; and other information about how you use the Services.
- Information about your Internet connection. When you interact with the Services from an Internet-connected device (for example, when you use the App or the Site), we collect information about your Internet connection, including Internet protocol (IP) address, MAC address, Internet service provider (ISP), and mobile carrier.
- Location information. We may collect location information, including your location derived through your device settings or IP address, when you use the Services.
Information From Other Sources. We may collect information about you from other sources, including from third-party services and organizations.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for various purposes, depending on the type of information and the Services you use, including to:
- Provide you with the Services, including to register you for an account;
- Communicate with you (for example, to provide customer service), subject to any opt-out preferences you have communicated to us;
- Maintain and improve the Services;
- Analyze how the Services are used;
- Verify customer information;
- Analyze and resolve technical problems and maintain security;
- Conduct surveys, events, and similar activities;
- Advertise and market our Services to you, including by email and on third-party websites (subject to any opt-out preferences you have communicated to us);
- Comply with legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies;
- Enforce our Terms of Service and this Privacy Notice;
- Protect the safety, rights, property or security of Nines, our users, employees, third parties, members of the public and/or our Services; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Combined Information. For the purposes discussed in this Privacy Notice, we may combine the information that we collect through the Services with information that we receive from other sources and use such combined information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Aggregate/De-identified/Anonymous Data. We may aggregate, de-identify, and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information is no longer reasonably capable of being associated with you. We may use aggregated or anonymized information for any purpose, including research and marketing, and we may also share such information for any purpose with any third parties, at our discretion.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may disclose the information described above as follows:
Internally. Nines employees may access information to provide the Services.
Service Providers and Vendors. We may share information with service providers that assist our business operations, including by hosting our Services and providing email communication, customer support services, application development, data storage, marketing, advertising, security, maintenance, and analytics (“Service Providers”). Some of our Service Providers help us advertise our Services to you. Please see Section 4 for your choices regarding how we share information in this way.
Affiliates. We may share information with Nines’ affiliated entities (meaning entities that control or are controlled by Nines).
Legal compliance. We may disclose your information as permitted or required by law, including, without limitation, to comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates (such as a court order or subpoena) to provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety. We may also disclose your information to take precautions against liability, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, protect the security or integrity of the Services, protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety, and enforce our policies and contracts, including our Terms of Service and this Privacy Notice.
Corporate Change or Business Transfer. We may transfer or assign your information in the course of, or to take steps in anticipation of, a corporate change or business transfer, including but not limited to a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, divestiture, or purchase or sale of assets. If any of our assets are sold or transferred to a third party, your information may be one of the transferred business assets.
With your permission. We may share your information in ways you consent to at the time of collection or as you otherwise permit us.
Please note: If you submit or post information to an area of the Service that other individuals can view – by, for example, commenting on a blog on the Site or posting in an area of the Communities that multiple users can view – you are choosing to share the information you submit or post and this is not a disclosure by Nines of such information.
4. YOUR CHOICES TO MANAGE INFORMATION
Email and Telephone Communications. You can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of emails we send you to opt out of receiving future marketing emails. Note that you will continue to receive transaction-related emails regarding products or services you have requested or engage with. We may also send you certain non-promotional communications regarding us and our Services, and you will not be able to opt out of those communications using the unsubscribe link (e.g., communications regarding the Services or updates to our Terms of Service or this Privacy Notice).
Text Messages/SMS. You may opt out of receiving text messages from us by replying “STOP” to a text message you have received from us or by otherwise contacting us.
Push Notifications. We may send you push notifications through our App. You may opt out from receiving these notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
“Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a setting that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT signals do not have a commonly agreed upon meaning and we do not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals.
Tailored Advertising. We may use the information we collect in connection with the Services to tailor the advertising you see. You have choices about how information about you is used to tailor the ads you see online.
- On the web. Certain information we collect through the Services may be used or shared to tailor ads you see on the web. To learn more about this type of advertising or to opt out of participating companies (including certain of our advertising partners), please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) opt-out program at https://www.aboutads.info/ or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) opt-out page at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/. We make no representation about the accuracy or effectiveness of these opt out mechanism.
- Browser settings. You may be able to set your browser to refuse certain types of cookies or alert you when they are being used. Some browsers offer similar settings for HTML5 local storage and other technologies. Please see the “Help” section of your browser for more information. However, if you block or otherwise reject cookies or other similar technologies, certain features of the Services may not function as expected.
- On your mobile device. Mobile devices often include settings to help you manage how your device collects and shares information for advertising purposes. For more information on these device settings, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s mobile choice page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice.
Modifying your mobile device or browser settings may have different results depending on the type of device or web browser you use and the version of your device operating system. Opting out of tailored advertising does not prevent you from seeing ads online; instead, the ads you see are less likely to be customized to your interests. Opting out is generally effective only on a device-by-device, or browser-by-browser basis. If you use more than one browser or device, the effect of any opt-out mechanism may be limited to the device or browser on which you used the mechanism.
5. DATA RETENTION
We may retain your information for as long as you use our Services or, subject to applicable law, as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which the information was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, comply with the law, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
It is your responsibility to keep your passwords private and secure. We strongly recommend against sharing your logins and passwords with others.
We take steps designed to secure our network and systems, and to protect your information against theft, loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. However, because no security system is perfect, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will work perfectly. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for security incidents related to your information.
7. THIRD PARTY CONTENT
The Services may contain links to third-party websites, apps, or other online spaces that may have privacy policies that differ from ours. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites, apps, or other online spaces. You should read the privacy policies of any third party with which you interact. You provide your information to third parties at your own risk.
Likewise, the Services may contain third-party content. For example, third-party content may occur in users’ messages to each other or users’ posts in the Communities. We do not make any representations concerning the accuracy of third-party content and are not responsible in any way for third-party content on our Services. You interact with third-party content at your own risk.
8. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Please note that Nines is located in the United States. All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to the United States. We may transfer, process, and/or store information in countries with data protection laws that are not as protective as the laws in your country. To understand your rights with regard to your data, please visit the website of the appropriate data protection authority for your region.
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Services are not directed to or intended for use by persons under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect or otherwise process personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that a child under the age of 16 has opened an account or otherwise provided us with personal information, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
10. “SHINE THE LIGHT” DISCLOSURE
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civil Code section 1798.83) gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined by applicable California law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, or to permit such residents to “opt out” of such sharing. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
11. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may revise this Privacy Notice from time to time in our sole discretion. If there are any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you as required by applicable law. You understand and agree that you will be deemed to have accepted the updated Privacy Notice if you continue to use the Services after the new Privacy Notice takes effect.
12. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
Nines Services, LLC
1460 Broadway, Suite 9027
New York, NY 10036